[Libguestfs] Re: Notes on cross-compiling the daemon

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Fri Nov 20 10:45:47 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 11:13:20AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
>> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> > These functions are missing, and Gnulib provides no replacement
>> > (but it really should do):
>> >
>> >   - fstatvfs
>> >   - futimens
>> >   - readlinkat
>>
>> There is a new readlinkat module.
>> Does it not work?
>> It's probably just time to upgrade to more recent gnulib.
>
> OK I see that in the upstream gnulib git repo.  However in my
> libguestfs/.gnulib directory I'm "Not currently on any branch."  for
> some reason, so I cannot update or do anything else.

First some set-up.
This defines the new "git syncsub" command.  Just a shortcut:

  git config --global alias.syncsub 'submodule foreach git pull origin master'

Then run it (in daemon, I presume)

  git syncsub

Then commit that change (presuming it's the only change):

  git commit -m 'build: update gnulib submodule to latest' -a

Then rerun ./autogen.sh ... etc.

(of course you'll want to update the list of modules in
daemon/m4/gnulib-cache.m4 to reflect any additions)