[Libguestfs] 'make uninstall' does not clean up ocaml binding files

Jinxin Zheng jzheng at redhat.com
Thu Apr 8 04:18:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I have successfully compiled the libguestfs-1.0.89 source and 'make install'ed on my Fedora 12 box. Everything went fine. I have ocaml installed so the default configuration enabled ocaml binding.
then I found some minimal configure mistake with my compilation and wanted to compile and install again.

1.first I made uninstall and cleaned up everthing:
$ make uninstall
$ make clean
$ make distclean

2.I reconfigured the source and compiled again:
$ ./configure ...
$ make

3.compiling seems fine, install then:
$ make install
This is where I failed. The make command fails complaining that the /usr/lib64/ocaml/guestfs directory isn't clean, as attached full output log of this step.

I thinks the problem is at the cleaning step. I'm not actually confident that it's the correct way I cleaned up the installation.
Would like to seek for suggestion. Thanks.

Jinxin Zheng