[Libguestfs] Error when compile libguestfs from source in Fedora-12

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Apr 20 10:10:28 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 05:58:49PM +0800, Yufang Zhang wrote:
> For the host:
> # rpm -qa | grep febootstrap
> febootstrap-2.6-1.fc12.noarch
>
> # cat /etc/redhat-release
> Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
>
> # uname -a
> Linux yuzhang 2.6.32.11-99.fc12.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Apr 5 19:59:38 UTC
> 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> And I use the following command before make:
> # ./autogen.sh
> --with-mirror=http://fileshare.englab.nay.redhat.com/redhat/fedora/linux/releases/12/x86_64/os
>
> --with-updates=http://download.englab.nay.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/updates/12/x86_64/
> --with-repo=fedora-12
>
> Problem still exists.

OK, this all looks good to me.

It's a very strange error.  It looks like something in these commands
deletes initramfs/fakeroot.log.  That file is missing from the list of
files in initramfs/ that you posted.

 + febootstrap-run initramfs -- touch /etc/fstab
 + echo nameserver 10.0.2.3
 + febootstrap-install initramfs resolv.conf.new /etc/resolv.conf 0644 root.root
 cp: cannot stat `initramfs/fakeroot.log': No such file or directory

I wonder if this is a LANG thing.  Can you try setting:

  export LANG=C

before compiling?  If that fixes it, please file a bug (against
febootstrap) since obviously it should be possible to compile with any
LANG setting.