[Libguestfs] hivex: lintain being pedantic about spelling!

TJ linux at tjworld.net
Fri Apr 2 18:45:19 UTC 2010

Thanks very much for the responses on my last three issues. I've
incorporated the appropriate changes into the budding Debian package.

I feel embarrassed to raise this one, but in the interests of shutting
lintian up maybe this could be fixed at some point:

I: hivex: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man1/hivexregedit.1.gz reencode re-encode
I: libhivex-perl: spelling-error-in-manpage usr/share/man/man3/Win::Hivex::Regedit.3pm.gz reencode re-encode
N:
N:    Lintian found a spelling error in the manpage. Lintian has a list of
N:    common misspellings that it looks for. It does not have a dictionary
N:    like a spelling checker does.
N:
N:    If the string containing the spelling error is translated with the help
N:    of gettext (with the help of po4a, for example) or a similar tool,
N:    please fix the error in the translations as well as the English text to
N:    avoid making the translations fuzzy. With gettext, for example, this
N:    means you should also fix the spelling mistake in the corresponding
N:    msgids in the *.po files.
N:
N:    Severity: minor, Certainty: possible

FYI: My initial aim in packaging hivex is not so much for VM guest usage
but because it offers a neat solution to os-probe obtaining the actual
default boot loader title from Windows BCD store partitions when
populating GRUB menus for multi-boot systems.

TJ.