[Libguestfs] libguestfs mounting solaris 10 ZFS guest

John Larson jay.cee.el at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:23:07 UTC 2010

Not sure if this possible, but I have a KVM guest running Solaris 10
with the OS on ZFS and I am trying to use
libguestfs/guestfish/guestmount to get to the VM. I am running Red Hat
EL 5.4 with EPEL rpms as required.

The VM is on a LV and it boots fine, but I can't seem to get the syntax
correct to get libguestfs to deal with it. Guestmount seemed like the
best option because it supports FUSE modules. I have fuse installed and
zfs-fuse and I can create ZFS filesystems on the physical host machine.
Just really not sure how to make libguestfs deal with it. I have tried
mounting the pool and the underlying virtual disk device with no success.

# guestmount -o modules=zfs -a /dev/kvmVG00/sol10u6 -m
newpool/ROOT/s10up-08 --ro /mnt
libguestfs: error: mount_options: mount_options_stub:
newpool/ROOT/s10up-08: expecting a device name

# guestmount -o modules=zfs -a /dev/kvmVG00/sol10u6 -m /dev/dsk/c0d0s0
--ro /mnt
libguestfs: error: mount_options: mount_options_stub: /dev/dsk/c0d0s0:
No such file or directory

# guestmount -o modules=zfs -a /dev/kvmVG00/sol10u6 -m /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0
--ro /mnt
libguestfs: error: mount_options: mount_options_stub: /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0:
No such file or directory

# rpm -qa | grep fuse
zfs-fuse-0.6.0-6.el5
fuse-2.7.4-8.el5