[Libguestfs] vmdk support by libguestfs in RHEL and upstream

Yufang Zhang yuzhang at redhat.com
Wed Apr 28 07:58:03 UTC 2010

Hi all,
As we are doing plan for testing libguestfs, I have a question about
vmdk support for libguestfs. In Fedora 12, we can successfully manage a
vmdk image via guestfish(add -> run -> mkfs -> mount -> ...). But in
RHEL6, for qemu-kvm can not boot with a vmdk image, libguestfs can not
manage vmdk either.  So is it true that vmdk is only supported by
upstream libguestfs but not the version in RHEL6?  Thanks.

--Yufang