[Libguestfs] guestfish/libguestfs takes legacy qemu instead of kvm?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 10:17:53 UTC 2010

On 10/08/10 10:27, Kirby Zhou wrote:
> Thanks very much.
> BTW, I have a small question, why libguestfs depends on QEMU instead of
> libvirt?
> If we take libvirt, we can easily run libguestfs with xen, virtualbox,
> vmware, etc.

Not quite. There's more to making an appliance run on a target
hypervisor than just creating an appropriate domain. The appliance
itself must support the target.

However, there's an argument to be made about using libvirt to isolate
ourselves from the whims of qemu command-line argument changes.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490