[Libguestfs] Whether libguestfs work only with 32bit processors

Rajiv Rajaian rajiv.care at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 13:50:09 UTC 2010

Hi

I have installed libguestfs in Fedora Core 13. Here's the packages I ve
installed.

[root at kvmcluster ~]# rpm -qa | grep guest
guestfish-1.2.2-1.fc13.i686
perl-libguestfs-1.2.2-1.fc13.i686
libguestfs-1.2.2-1.fc13.i686
libguestfs-tools-1.2.2-1.fc13.i686

And I have tried to resize the KVM guest image with virt-resize command. But
I'm getting the error as  "virt-resize: sorry this program does not work on
a 32 bit host" since Im su
Whether libguest doesnt have any support fo 32 bit processors?? Or can u
please suggest me any other versions of libguestfs that would support 32 bit
processor.

Here the stpes I have tried for resizing the KVM guest

[root at kvmcluster images]# truncate -r redhat5_old.img redhat5.img
[root at kvmcluster images]# truncate -s +1G redhat5.img
[root at kvmcluster images]# virt-list-partitions -lh redhat5_old.img
/dev/sda1 ext3 101.9M
/dev/sda2 swap 1.0G
/dev/sda3 ext3 2.9G

[root at kvmcluster images]# virt-resize --expand /dev/sda3 redhat5_old.img
redhat5.img
virt-resize: sorry this program does not work on a 32 bit host

Thanks /Regards
Rajiv.R
Project Associate,
CARE,MIT,