[Libguestfs] Whether libguestfs work only with 32bit processors

Rajiv Rajaian rajiv.care at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:27:08 UTC 2010

Hi  Richard,,,
I have tried virt-resize by removing the two lines and its resized. But
after running virt-resize the partition type shows unknown and the guest
image is not booting . Heres the steps I have followed. Where I went wrong??
Is there any thing else to be configured??

[root at kvmcluster images]# truncate -r redhat5_old.img redhat5.img
[root at kvmcluster images]# truncate -s +1G redhat5.img

[root at kvmcluster images]# virt-resize --expand /dev/sda3 redhat5_old.img
redhat5.img
Summary of changes:
/dev/sda1: partition will be left alone
/dev/sda2: partition will be left alone
/dev/sda3: partition will be resized from 2.9G to 3.9G
/dev/sda3: content will be expanded using the 'resize2fs' method
Copying /dev/sda1 ... done
Copying /dev/sda2 ... done
Copying /dev/sda3 ... done
Expanding /dev/sda3 using the 'resize2fs' method
 at /usr/bin/virt-resize line 1221.in super-block while trying to open
/dev/vda3

[root at kvmcluster images]# virt-list-partitions -lht redhat5.img
/dev/sda1 ext3 101.9M
/dev/sda2 swap 1.0G
/dev/sda3 unknown 3.9G
/dev/sda device 5.0G