[Libguestfs] How to install lib guestfs in CentOS

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 27 09:10:37 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 02:31:17PM +0530, Saravanan S wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:
>

> > I've just tried it on my CentOS 5 machine, and it installed fine.
> > Have you got /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1?
> >

> I DO NOT have /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1 present.
>
> Have you tried installing or updating the 'file' package?
> >

> yes, *rpm -q file* gives,
>
> [root at centos-test ~]# rpm -q file
> file-4.17-15.el5_3.1

  $ rpm -q file
  file-4.17-15.el5_3.1
  $ rpm -ql file
  [...]
  /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1

This machine is i386.

If yours is x86-64, then it could be a multilib brokenness problem.
You will need to remove the libguestfs.i386 package, block it so that
it never gets installed, and reinstall the libguestfs.x86_64 package.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v