[Libguestfs] Are we ready for a new stable branch 1.4?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 9 08:37:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 10:59:45AM +0800, Pengzhen Cao wrote:
> On 06/08/2010 11:11 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>> Version number policy is here:
>> http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#libguestfs_version_numbers
>>
> Great! So many new features and bug fix.
> Then how about the old 1.2 and 1.3 branch,  will you delete or freeze it?

We'd create a new development branch (1.5.x).  1.3 development branch
would become obsolete.

We'd probably continue backporting bug & security fixes to 1.2 for a
while, if only because ...

> And what will be the version of libguestfs in RHEL5 and RHEL6? will you
> upgrade them to 1.4?

... it would be difficult to rebase libguestfs in RHEL 5 or RHEL 6 at
this stage in the process.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/