[Libguestfs] XML encoding of the registry

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 20 17:29:31 UTC 2010

On Sat, Mar 20, 2010 at 09:18:58AM -0700, Simson Garfinkel wrote:
> Thanks. My understanding is that the current code does not build on
> MacOS.

No, it won't build on Mac OS X even slightly ..  We provide builds for
Fedora, Debian and Ubuntu so far:

http://libguestfs.org/FAQ.html#binaries

and you'll probably want to read this too:

http://libguestfs.org/FAQ.html#distros

(Best bet for Mac OS X is probably option #3).

> I was just going to download the GIT repository and have at
> it, but I was not sure how to send back changes.

Commit the changes to your local git repository and use git
format-patch to format them into something which can be posted on the
mailing list.  There's tutorials out there which cover this I'm sure.

bindings from many languages.  http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/
See what it can do: http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs/recipes.html