[Libguestfs] hivexml - Flattened vs. Expanded XML

Charles Duffy charles at dyfis.net
Fri Mar 19 21:34:58 UTC 2010

This would be very much dependent on the kind of processing desired; I can
immediately see several XPath queries I might want to write which would be
unwieldy to represent without the tree structure preserved.

Flattening the document removes much of the utility of XML-based toolchains,
while still paying a penalty in storage size and parser complexity; at that
point, why not just export to the conventional .reg text format?