[Libguestfs] hivexml - Flattened vs. Expanded XML

Simson Garfinkel simsong at acm.org
Sat Mar 20 00:42:08 UTC 2010

We are interested in seeing if specific registry keys are present or not.
The problem with the standard .reg text format is that we would then need to write a parser for it, rather than simply using our XML parser.
However, we haven't made a decision on this. That's why I sent the query.

Yes, I can imagine several XPath queries that I might want to write as well. But I don't know if anybody is actually doing that. Hence my question. Is anyone using XML for registry entries in a production environment?