[Libguestfs] [fedora-virt] Question about libguestfs (guestfish) and KVM support

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Mar 31 22:00:14 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 03:28:50PM +0300, Danel Ahman wrote:
> Does the libguestfs 1.0.85 found on EPEL repository support qemu-kvm
> for KVM or does it use pure qemu?
>
> While running guestfish and other utilities of the family I get an
> warning about kqemu kernel accellerator and the whole thing works
> slowly (seems that it uses qemu).

libguestfs in EPEL does not use KVM.  This is because of (what we
think may be) a bug in the EPEL repository:
https://fedorahosted.org/rel-eng/ticket/2982

You can easily use KVM however.  Just set the LIBGUESTFS_QEMU
environment variable:

  export LIBGUESTFS_QEMU=/usr/bin/qemu-kvm

See also:
http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#qemu_wrappers

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v