[Libguestfs] Migrating file based Xen RHEL5.4 to KVM

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Mon May 17 17:56:36 UTC 2010

On 17/05/10 16:33, Martin Jeppesen wrote:
>> Guests are unaware of the network configuration in the host, e.g. the
>> bridge name. You should make sure the correct bridge name is set in
>> the OVF file. virt_v2v script will handle that for you if you remove
>> the comments from the config file network section.
>
> Excellent.
>
> What about the preparation of the guest? Is this all that I have to do?:
>
> * Log in to the guest
> # yum install kernel
> # vi /etc/rc.local
> modprobe cirrus

You meant to change xorg.conf here, not modprobe

> modprobe virtio_blk
> modprobe virtio_net

You don't want to be putting any of these things in /etc/rc.local.
You'll also need to rebuild initrd.

> # halt -p

virt-v2v will do everything required to migrate a RHEL 5.4 Xen guest to KVM.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

M:       +44 (0)7977 267231
GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490