[Libguestfs] Can I use qemu-dm instead of qemu?

Daniel P. Berrange dan at berrange.com
Wed May 19 09:40:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:57:00PM +0800, Kirby Zhou wrote:
> XEN of RHEL5.x DOM0 provides a qemu-dm command at
> /usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm, Can I run libguestfs with it?

Not a chance. This is not a normal QEMU binary. This is a
seriously hacked up binary tailored to serve as the guest
HVM guest emulation layer. It is no longer capable of
running as a normal QEMU emulator.

> I have tried run libguestfs with kqemu, but it always cause system hang.

kqemu is notoriously unreliable, hence upstream QEMU has
even stopped including support for it in new releases.