[Libguestfs] libguestfs-1.6 on RHEL5.5 Server

mk kormanx at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 03:00:59 UTC 2010

I need to install libguestfs 1.6 on Red Hat 5.5 Server.

I have tried to download libguestfs-1.6.0-1.fc13.1.x86_64.rpm and install
it, but there is plenty of unresolved dependencies, which I am not able to
satisfy with the repositories I am connected to. The same issue blocks me
when I try to compile the source code.

So I tried to add fedora repository into the system:

download
*fedora-release-14-1.noarch.rpm
*
and run
*yum install fedora-release-14-1.noarch.rpm*

I'm getting
*ERROR with rpm_check_debug vs depsolve:
rpmlib(FileDigests) is needed by fedora-release-14-1.noarch
rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) is needed by fedora-release-14-1.noarch
*
if I run
*rpm -Uvh fedora-release-14-1.noarch.rpm*

I'm getting
*error: Failed dependencies:
        rpmlib(FileDigests) <= 4.6.0-1 is needed by
fedora-release-14-1.noarch
        rpmlib(PayloadIsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by fedora-release-14-1.noarch
*

I'm out of any ideas of how to get libguestfs working on my Red Hat.
Is it really possible only by compiling it and all the very long list of
dependencies? Any help would be appreciate!!

thanx

m.