[Libguestfs] Mac OS X configure requires (de|fe)bootstrap

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Nov 14 09:41:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 08:38:58PM -0600, Mitchell Hashimoto wrote:
> Ah, I think I understand. I need to grab a binary from one of the
> linux OS's and use their images.

Yes, you need the appliance part from a Linux OS -- the one from the
Fedora binaries we distribute is best.

I don't think it would be possible to build a Mac OS X-based
appliance, not least because Mac OS X cannot[1] be run under
virtualization.

> At least this seems like the easiest way. You said that Mac OS X
> *was* working. What caused it to stop working and how was this
> problem addressed before?

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/libguestfs-now-works-on-mac-os-x/

If it doesn't compile now, it will be simply because the code has
bitrotted because we don't regularly build on OS X.

Rich.

[1] Or at least there are legal questions about it.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top