[Libguestfs] Python Hivex Assertion Failed

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Apr 4 20:31:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 03:59:42PM -0400, Elizabeth Schweinsberg wrote:
> The value of HAVE_PYCAPSULE_NEW is undefined in config.h.  I found:
>
> /* #undef HAVE_PYCAPSULE_NEW */
>
> Is that what you were expecting?  I didn't touch config.h.

It's a little bit surprising.

AIUI all new versions of Python should support the PyCapsule interface
(calls like PyCapsule_new and others).

I checked Fedora, and HAVE_PYCAPSULE_NEW is defined.

But I also checked Ubuntu 10.10, and HAVE_PYCAPSULE_NEW is _not_
defined, same as for you.

This means that you're executing code down a different path from what
I'm using (except when I'm using Ubuntu -- where it works for me just
fine for whatever reason).

I'm not clear what's happening, but you can still help by providing:

(a) a minimal test program that fails for you
(b) a registry on which it fails

I don't yet have an accurate bug reproducer for this, so I'm limited
in what I can do to help.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/