[Libguestfs] Python Hivex Assertion Failed

Elizabeth Schweinsberg bethlogic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:18:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've finally been able to post a hive that is not working on the internet:

http://bethlogic.net/NTUSER.004.DAT

And then this script has the failed assertion (same as in the email):

http://bethlogic.net/test-hivex.py

I'm trying checking out the code via git just to see if that produces
other results.  I'll try setting HAVE_PYCAPSULE_NEW, too.

I think this just might be something weird with the set up of my
system that the assert fails.  I did some "printf debugging" with
hivex-py.c and right before the "assert(obj);" line, obj is not 0,
which means it should pass, right?

Thanks for your assistance so far.
Elizabeth