[Libguestfs] appliance VM won't start, can't find /init, but /init is in the image.

David Konerding dek at konerding.com
Fri Aug 12 18:22:01 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:45:48AM -0700, David Konerding wrote:
> > I see, so you're suggesting I just manually add a package to pkgs right
> > after
> >
> http://git.annexia.org/?p=febootstrap.git;a=blob;f=febootstrap_debian.ml;h=4aa7389657aedf281a6aa908984a02891de801be;hb=HEAD#l47
>
> Yup, something like:
>
>  let pkgs = pkgs @ [ "libc6" ] in

Thanks for all the help.  I can confirm that shoehorning libc6 in allows
invoking init.  The next step is /bin/sh failing to run because
libncurses.so.5 can't be loaded.
Looks to me like a systematic failure that I can work around manually by
ensuring all the right libraries get shoehorned it.  Would still really like
to know what it is about our Ubuntu distribution that is causing this
problem :-(

Rich.