[Libguestfs] appliance VM won't start, can't find /init, but /init is in the image.

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 12 18:46:56 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:22:01AM -0700, David Konerding wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:03 AM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 10:45:48AM -0700, David Konerding wrote:
> > > I see, so you're suggesting I just manually add a package to pkgs right
> > > after
> > >
> > http://git.annexia.org/?p=febootstrap.git;a=blob;f=febootstrap_debian.ml;h=4aa7389657aedf281a6aa908984a02891de801be;hb=HEAD#l47
> >
> > Yup, something like:
> >
> >  let pkgs = pkgs @ [ "libc6" ] in
> >

> Thanks for all the help.  I can confirm that shoehorning libc6 in allows
> invoking init.  The next step is /bin/sh failing to run because
> libncurses.so.5 can't be loaded.

Another thing to do would be to modify the grep command here:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=febootstrap.git;a=blob;f=febootstrap_debian.ml;h=4aa7389657aedf281a6aa908984a02891de801be;hb=HEAD#l37

in order to make it include all the Depends and Pre-Depends packages
(assuming that ncurses is amongst those).