[Libguestfs] appliance VM won't start, can't find /init, but /init is in the image.

David Konerding dek at konerding.com
Fri Aug 12 20:16:44 UTC 2011

BTW, our distribution engineers have suggesting using 'apt-rdepends' instead
of 'apt-cache depends'.  I verified that works better on my system (that is,
querying on bash returns libc6).
But it doesn't actually work if I put that in febootstrap_debian.ml in place
of apt-cache depends.

febootstrap -v -o supermin.d --names bsdmainutils btrfs-tools cryptsetup
diff e2fsprogs gfs-tools gfs2-tools grub-pc hfsplus iproute libaugeas0
linux-image nilfs-tools ntfs-3g ntfsprogs reiserfsprogs udev ufsutils
util-linux vim-tiny xz-utils zfs-fuse acl attr bash libc6 binutils coreutils
cpio dosfstools file findutils gawk grep gzip jfsutils lsof lvm2
module-init-tools net-tools parted procps scrub strace tar zerofree
--exclude ^perl --exclude ^python --exclude ^plymouth --exclude
^linux-firmware --exclude ^kbd-misc --exclude ^file-rc
No candidate version found for debconf-2.0
No candidate version found for awk
No candidate version found for upstart-job
No candidate version found for linux-initramfs-tool
No candidate version found for fileutils
febootstrap: aptitude: error: no file was downloaded corresponding to
package debconf-2.0
make: *** [stamp-supermin] Error 1