[Libguestfs] [virt-devel] End-user review of the native KVM tool

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 16 17:33:14 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 10:54:37PM +0530, Kashyap Chamarthy wrote:
> Is there a something I can do to see it is actually progressing and
> not hung somewhere? Or do I just have to show some patience? :)

Maybe --verbose?  I can't remember if that displays all the individual
downloads.  In any case it took about 30 minutes for me to get all the
packages over my rather slow DSL.

Here are the warnings that febootstrap finally displays:

febootstrap: warning: some host files are unreadable by non-root
febootstrap: warning: get your distro to fix these files:
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/commit_num
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/file_contexts
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/file_contexts.template
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/homedir_template
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/netfilter_contexts
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/seusers.final
	     /etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/users_extra
	     /lib64/dbus-1/dbus-daemon-launch-helper
	     /sbin/unix_update
	     /usr/bin/chfn
	     /usr/bin/chsh
	     /usr/libexec/utempter/utempter
	     /usr/sbin/build-locale-archive
	     /usr/sbin/glibc_post_upgrade.x86_64
	     /usr/sbin/groupadd
	     /usr/sbin/groupdel
	     /usr/sbin/groupmems
	     /usr/sbin/groupmod
	     /usr/sbin/redhat_lsb_trigger.x86_64
	     /usr/sbin/suexec
	     /usr/sbin/tzdata-update
	     /usr/sbin/useradd
	     /usr/sbin/userdel
	     /usr/sbin/usermod
	     /var/lib/hsqldb/sqltool.rc

febootstrap-supermin-helper relies on reading the host files when it
reconstructs the appliance, so it has to skip files that aren't
readable by non-root (assuming you run the appliance as non-root which
is the usual advice).  I think all of the above can probably be
ignored however.