[Libguestfs] Some more Virt-P2V CD results

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Aug 31 18:01:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:56:50PM -0500, Greg Scott wrote:
> OK, thanks.  I just did a yum install virt-v2v on a Fedora 14 VM - but
> the man pages don't have anything about how to do physical machines.   I
> already have a p2v CD built with virt-p2v-image-builder a while ago.  I
> boot my source server from that CD - what do I do on the Fedora 14
> conversion VM?  How do I tell it to get its input from a physical server
> instead of another VM?

Let's keep this on the upstream mailing list so that
discussion benefits everyone.

I'm not sure how compatible the protocol was between an old version of
the ISO and current versions.  Matt will know in detail.

However I just pushed virt-p2v-image-builder to F14 quite recently.
The version in *F16* is known to be broken, but the version in F14 is
worth trying ...

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/virt-p2v-virt-v2v-in-fedora-14/

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top