[Libguestfs] The latest v2v-server 0.8.5.1 blows up

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Wed Dec 14 01:01:56 UTC 2011

> Suggesting either the NFS server or conversion server is dropping
> offline intermittently.

Well, no.  Twice today, the source server's console froze at 85 percent.
I'll bet it's frozen again this time at 85 percent.  So this time while
the P2V was in progress I set up pings to/from the conversion server and
to/from the NFS server.  No packet loss, nothing ugly looking with round
trip times.  Average RTT from both was round 0.2 ms, with max at about
1.3 ms.  So the network is good.

The diagnostic log file on the conversion server doesn't give much for
clues:

[root at Fedora16-64P2V log]# more virt-p2v-server.1323814661.log
virt-v2v: Error receiving data:

[root at Fedora16-64P2V log]#

I wonder if either the source server or NFS server has a bad block on a
HDD?

- Greg