[Libguestfs] Proposed changes for OpenStack

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 08:35:03 UTC 2011

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 05:07:04PM +0000, Matthew Booth wrote:
> guestmount_mount(g.sock_path(), '/tmp/dir')
> ...filesystem stuff...
> guestmount_umount('/tmp/dir')
>
> g.close()
>
> Note that there are no callbacks, no threads and no races. The code
> can be written sequentially.

There are certainly threads here, although they would have to be
hidden behind the scenes, with a barrier to provide synchronization
before "filesystem stuff" can run.

> Also, we're not bringing FUSE into the main API.

Is this such a problem?  We could dlopen libfuse if the dependency on
libfuse was a problem ...

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v