[Libguestfs] FYI: Changes to test directory names

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Dec 22 08:27:50 UTC 2011

I'm going to rename some test directories to make the names more
logical:

* caution -> tests/qemu

  This directory contains tests of qemu (safety and liveness).

  'make check' will be changed so that this directory is tested first.
  At present, 'make check' happens to build images/ first which makes
  it harder to track down qemu breakage.

* capitests -> tests/c-api

  Tests of the C API.  Arguably these tests could be moved into src/
  but that directory has lots of files in it already.

* regressions -> tests/regressions
               + tests/protocol
               + tests/luks
	       + tests/...

  Split this directory into true regression tests, and tests of
  other things.

  guestfish-specific tests will be placed in the fish/ directory
  instead of being in a separate directory.  This makes it consistent
  with other C tools such as virt-df, virt-edit where tests are
  located in the same directory as the tool.

* extratests -> tests/extra

  Complex tests that require valgrind, local guests, etc.  Just as
  now, these are not part of 'make check'.

* images -> tests/data + tests/guests

  Split into test data, and the (phony) guest images.

  tests/data (as now) doesn't contain any TESTS (just data required by
  other tests).  It is built early during the 'make' phase.

  tests/guests: Because other tests rely on these guests, we will
  build it early (after tests/qemu, before tests/c-api).  The guests
  are check_DATA, meaning they get created during 'make check'.

* test-tool (no change)

These changes will first be done on master (development) so we can
shake out bugs.  I plan to backport them to the 1.14 branch at a later
date.