[Libguestfs] Another virt-p2v blew up

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Dec 27 00:30:14 UTC 2011

I may have an idea why this one blew up.  This source machine apparently does not have a c:\windows directory.  Instead, Windows is loaded into c:\Winnt.

Looks like the p2v error was "guestfsd: error: windows: no file or directory found with this name"  I wonder if it was looking for c:\Windows and instead found c:\Winnt?

So we're doing the p2v the old-fashioned way using ntbackup and a bare metal restore, along with my registry hack from a few months ago for the viostor virtio block mode driver.

- Greg