[Libguestfs] Proposed changes for OpenStack

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 09:33:35 UTC 2011

> [These two patches are for discussion only]
>
> Allow FUSE support to be used directly through the API.
> This is the second commit.
>
> In order to make this usable from guestfish, we have to
> also bind the events API in guestfish.  This is the first
> commit.

There's not really enough information here to evaluate the proposed
changes. Can you give an example of what you're trying to do?

In general, though, this feels wrong for a couple of reasons. Firstly, a
callback mechanism implemented with shell scripts is simply hideous.
Imagine trying to use that from another language.

Secondly, mounting filesystems is not the business of the guestfs api,
it's the business of FUSE. I have't actually checked the libfuse API,
but this seems like a function which makes much more sense in that context.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490