[Libguestfs] Development and hosting arrangements (was: Re: Is there something wrong with http://git.annexia.org/)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 22:33:59 UTC 2011

First of all, http://git.annexia.org/ should be back up now.  The
problem was 'pilot error' -- I accidentally removed libvirt from that
server, which generally broke things.

Secondly, starting in January I hope we can agree on some changes to
the libguestfs development and hosting arrangement, to bring it more
in line with how libvirt is developed, and to resolve some other
issues.

In brief:

 - Host the main git repo on a public git site (such as github - TBD).

 - Allow more people to commit directly to the repository.

 - Have some sort of agreement on patch review, number of ACKs (TBD).

 - Use gerrit for patch review?

 - We'll move libguestfs.org to a new host which will allow other
   people to upload things; I know hillu wants to host some Debian
   packages, and unfortunately this is not possible with the current
   hosting arrangement.

We can't do any of the above until the beginning of January, so this
email isn't to open a discussion.  Let's have that in the new year.