[Libguestfs] Image Not Expanding

vipul borikar vipulcell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 08:18:04 UTC 2011

Hello,
          I am running xen with libvirt. I have an image(Fedora12) with xen
para virt and run with the help of libvirt.
So i wanted to increase the size of this image from 1GB to 2 GB.

I am using virt-resize command for this.

When  i do :  virt-list-partitions   it displays 2 partitions   1] /dev/sda1
and 2] /dev/sda2

I want to resize this to 2 gb

So i do like this:      virt-resize --expand /dev/sda1 Fedora12 Fedora12-1

The command executes successfully but when i start the VM its shows old size
of the Parttions.

Actually from outside its sda1 partition but sincce it is para virt it show
xvda1  after VM boot up which still shows old size.

Any Ideas on this ?

Thanks
Vipul