[Libguestfs] disable kvm support

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jul 8 22:05:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 12:26:27AM +0530, yeswanth swami wrote:
> Hi,
> whenever I perform 'launch' operation to launch a disk, guestfs looks for
> KVM support and prints this message "Could not initialize KVM, will disable
> KVM support" . Is there a way to turn it off.. I dont want guestfs to look
> for KVM .

This message probably comes from your KVM binary.  I'm curious why you
want to disable KVM, since it's transparent and just makes things
faster (if available).

Anyway, if you want to remove this sort of message, you have to write
a "qemu wrapper".  This is just a short piece of shell script which
edits the parameters that are passed to QEMU.  Boxgrinder, for
example, contains one of these because of problems launching KVM on
Amazon EC2 guests.

See:

http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#qemu_wrappers
http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#guestfs_set_qemu