[Libguestfs] PATCH: daemon mkfs.c Add option "inode" for setting -I flag on mkfs_opts command

Nikita A Menkovich menkovich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 09:05:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

Patch implements inode option to mkfs_opts command.
This is needed because older versions of grub(for example in centos)
do not understand filesystems created with newer version of e2fsprogs.
By default in e2fsprogs 1.4+ creates partitions with 256 bit inode
size, and grub expect 128 bit size.
Usage:
$ guestfish
><fs> add-drive test.img 1G #for small images by default used 128 bit
><fs> run
><fs> part-disk /dev/vda mbr
><fs> mkfs ext3 /dev/vda1
><fs> tune2fs-l /dev/vda1 | grep "Inode size"
Inode size: 256
><fs> mkfs-opts ext3 /dev/vda1 inode:128
><fs> tune2fs-l /dev/vda1 | grep "Inode size"
Inode size: 128

--
Nikita A Menkovich
http://libc6.org/