[Libguestfs] Unable to build appliance

Sean McAfee eefacm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:36:20 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:

> Which version of febootstrap are you pairing with this old libguestfs?
>
> libguestfs up to ~ 1.7.something required febootstrap 2.x.  After
> that, febootstrap 3 is required.

Yes, I've made a list of the valid combinations:

1.  libguestfs 1.2.14 requires febootstrap >= 2.3
2.  libguestfs 1.4.6 requires febootstrap >= 2.7
3.  libguestfs 1.6.2 requires febootstrap >= 2.10
4.  libguestfs 1.8.7 requires febootstrap >= 3.0 (though 3.3 is recommended)

I've tried building each version of libguestfs with the minimum acceptable
(or recommended, in the case of #4) version of febootstrap.  #1 is the one I
originally posted about; it gets up to running febootstrap, then complains
about not finding /sbin/depmod.  #2 and #3 both get to running febootstrap,
then error out with "cannot run command `rm': No such file or directory".
I'm trying to build febootstrap 3.3 right now.

> You need to be really specific about what this "old Ubuntu" is that
> you're trying to build on.  What kernel version?

2.6.32-29-generic.

>  What version of KVM?

0.13.0-0ubuntu1.