[Libguestfs] supermin appliances and host connectivity

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 11:47:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 01:15:40PM +0200, Joel Uckelman wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:>
>
> > > I started udev with /sbin/start_udev, as in the init script, but that
> > seems
> > > to have no effect ("ps aux | grep udev" gives me no output.)
> >
> > The fact that /sbin/start_udev doesn't work is obviously a problem.
> >
> > Does the script exist?  Does it run?  Does it give errors?
>

> It exists, it runs, it fails silently. The only output from
> "/sbin/start_udev || echo foo" is "foo".

Your basic problem if you need to get udev running.  Anything else
doesn't matter, because nothing much is going to work unless udev is
running.  So there you are: look inside that shell script and work out
why it doesn't run, or use the udev commands directly to start udev.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v