[Libguestfs] supermin appliances and host connectivity

Joel Uckelman joel at lightboxtechnologies.com
Mon Jun 20 13:20:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Joel Uckelman
<joel at lightboxtechnologies.com> wrote:

> Aha! I hadn't realized that udev depends on having /sys and /proc mounted
> first. Once I do that, I can start udev and my pipe is created as
> /dev/vport0p1.
>
> Thanks for you help!

I've run into one further problem here: It seems that the socket
attached to the pipe is already bound when the appliance comes up,
because I get an "Address already in use error" when I call bind(2) on
/dev/vport0p1 from the appliance side.

I'd been planing to listen on the appiance end of the pipe, and have
clients connect from the host end. Is that not possible?