[Libguestfs] Support for gzipped kernel mods

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Mar 12 07:23:05 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 04:27:01PM -0700, Thomas S Hatch wrote:
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root      1432888 Feb 17 21:47 /lib/libc-2.13.so
[...]
> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root       136040 Jan  5 19:05 /sbin/modprobe

That appears to be a regular glibc (or at least the size of the glibc
is roughly consistent with what I'd expect).

We could go this route, but with recent changes to qemu we are very
limited in the size of the initrd[1].  I think uncompressing the small
number of *.ko.gz files is the easier option right now ...

Rich.

[1] Thread of doom:
http://www.mail-archive.com/kvm@vger.kernel.org/msg39172.html