[Libguestfs] guestmount support for acls/xattrs

Sumedh Degaonkar dsumedh at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:17:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have a vmdk having an LV with an ext3 FS where some files have extended
attributes and acls set.
These do not appear set while accessing them when mounted using guestmount.
I do not know if it is easy or difficult to implement this, so I'd like to
take your opinion.

what I did was changed the default mount options in daemon/mount.c from "ro"
to "ro,acl,user_xattr". I figure that with this change, the filesystem will
be mounted with these options inside the appliance.

What I do not understand yet is the mechanism by which those mountpoints are
exported to the host and then what options are set when FUSE mount happens.

In the interest of time and to avoid duplicate effort, I'd appreciate if any
of you can share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Sumedh