[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Fri Nov 18 22:29:19 UTC 2011

OK, I'm being verbose:

This link:
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Virtualization_Guide/chap-Virtualization-KVM_Para_virtualized_Drivers.html

says:

> Download the virtio-win package with the yum command.
> # yum install virtio-win

> The drivers are also from Microsoft (windowsservercatalog.com).

> The virtio-win package installs a CD-ROM image, virtio-win.iso, in the /usr/share/virtio-win/ directory.

OK wonderful, I can follow a cookbook.  If only the recipe were right.

[root at FedoraP2V bin]#
[root at FedoraP2V bin]# yum list available | grep virtio
[root at FedoraP2V bin]#
[root at FedoraP2V bin]# yum install virtio-win
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
Setting up Install Process
No package virtio-win available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root at FedoraP2V bin]#

I know yum is good on this system because I just did a yum update and it applied 600+ updates.

So this is the next thing I'm going to try - I have copies of virtio-win.iso all over the place.  I'll just put one in /usr/share/virtio-win by hand and then we'll kick off another P2V and see how it goes.

- Greg