[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Mon Nov 21 22:24:29 UTC 2011

But that export is only in the context of the process where you set it, right?  So if I export LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 in a terminal window and then virt-p2v-server starts up in a different process, how does virt-p2v-server get its copy of that global variable?

Here's an experiment - as you can see below, when I export a variable named GREG, another newly created process does not know about it.

[root at FedoraP2V ~]#
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# export GREG=1
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# echo $GREG
1
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# ssh -l root 0
The authenticity of host '0 (0.0.0.0)' can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is 89:63:db:18:0d:bf:95:46:cb:a8:0e:ac:62:58:2b:58.
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '0,0.0.0.0' (RSA) to the list of known hosts.
root at 0's password:
Last login: Mon Nov 21 16:12:24 2011 from fedorap2v
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# echo $GREG

[root at FedoraP2V ~]#

But if I export LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 and then start up a copy of virt-p2v-server in the same window by hand, I wonder if this copy will answer the inbound request from the physical machine, or if the migration server will start up another copy?

- Greg