[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Nov 22 01:37:55 UTC 2011

Finally some usable diagnostic info. Some of the earlier issues documented in this thread may have been network related.  We redid some cabling and just tried another P2V test.  Looking at /var/log/messages:

Nov 21 17:13:57 FedoraP2V virt-v2v[14428]: p2v-server started.
Nov 21 18:56:35 FedoraP2V virt-v2v[14428]: FATAL: Installation failed because the fo
llowing files referenced in the configuration file are required, but missing: /usr/s
hare/virtio-win/drivers/i386/WinXP windows/firstboot.bat windows/rhev-apt.exe window
s/rhsrvany.exe
Nov 21 18:56:35 FedoraP2V virt-v2v[14428]: p2v-server exited.
[root at FedoraP2V ~]#

The Fedora documentation says we need to do yum install virtio-win, but no such package apparently exists.

[root at FedoraP2V ~]#
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# yum install virtio-win
Loaded plugins: langpacks, presto, refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
Setting up Install Process
No package virtio-win available.
Error: Nothing to do
[root at FedoraP2V ~]#
[root at FedoraP2V ~]# rpm -qa | grep virtio
[root at FedoraP2V ~]#

I remember a version of virtio-win RPM buried on a web/ftp site somewhere a couple years ago.  Where would the most recent version reside?

- Greg