[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Tue Nov 22 05:33:17 UTC 2011

Update -

I built up a 64 bit F16 system and installed virtio-win-1.3.3-0.el6.noarch.rpm without hassle.  However, trying to install libguestfs-winsupport-1.0-7.el6.x86_64.rpm blew up with some failed dependencies.  It needs 2 packages named libgcrypt-devel and libgpg-error-devel.  I can go get these, but I'm afraid these will have their own dependencies and none will get along well with Fedora.

So I think I am close - where do I find the equivalent of libguestfs-winsupport to run on a flavor of Fedora?

Also, how do I turn on that TRACE info with virt-p2v-server in case I need it? Those lines Matt said to uncomment do not exist in the copy from yum install virt-v2v.

On a RHEL6.1 system, I just tried a yum install libguestfs-winsupport.  This brought in 3 dependencies and placed copies of the files my earlier P2V was looking for in /var/lib/virt-v2v/software/windows.  In my Fedora conversion server, those files are nowhere to be found and there is no equivalent windows subdirectory.

So the libguestfs-winsupport stuff may be the final missing piece.

- Greg