[Libguestfs] Virtio-win RPM?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 10:03:18 UTC 2011

On 22/11/11 05:33, Greg Scott wrote:
> Update -
>
> I built up a 64 bit F16 system and installed
virtio-win-1.3.3-0.el6.noarch.rpm without hassle. However, trying to
install libguestfs-winsupport-1.0-7.el6.x86_64.rpm blew up with some
failed dependencies. It needs 2 packages named libgcrypt-devel and
libgpg-error-devel. I can go get these, but I'm afraid these will have
their own dependencies and none will get along well with Fedora.

> So I think I am close - where do I find the equivalent of
libguestfs-winsupport to run on a flavor of Fedora?

You don't need it on Fedora. This is a RHEL-only package.

> Also, how do I turn on that TRACE info with virt-p2v-server in case
need it? Those lines Matt said to uncomment do not exist in the copy
from yum install virt-v2v.

Sorry about that, those lines from from upstream v2v. I was just about
to do a new build with this code in, but I noticed we still have a
libguestfs dependency issue to resolve. We should be able to get
something testable out in a couple of days.

> On a RHEL6.1 system, I just tried a yum install
> libguestfs-winsupport.
This brought in 3 dependencies and placed copies of the files my earlier
P2V was looking for in /var/lib/virt-v2v/software/windows. In my Fedora
conversion server, those files are nowhere to be found and there is no
equivalent windows subdirectory.

firstboot.bat is supposed to be distributed with v2v, but wasn't at some
point due to a packaging bug. The other 2 are distributed with RHEL. If
you have access to RHEL, the simplest thing to do would be to extract
them from v2v RPM and copy them into the same place (rpm2cpio will be
your friend here).

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490