[Libguestfs] guestmount issues with --live, but guestfish works just fine

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Oct 9 09:41:10 UTC 2011

On Sun, Oct 09, 2011 at 01:54:32AM -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
> It would appear that running with F16 Host and F16 VM the result was
> similar to running F15 Host and F16 VM.
[...]
> [root at longitude ~]# guestmount --live -d F16-rawhide -m /dev/sda3:/
> /mnt/guest/
> libguestfs: error: mount_options: /dev/vda3 on /: mount: /dev/vda3
> already mounted or / busy

The problem is you want to use *neither* -i *nor* -m options.

So this test:

  /* Check we have the right options. */
  if (!drvs || !(mps || inspector)) {

should be something like:

  if (!live) {
    if (!drvs || !(mps || inspector)) {
    }
  }

but with a more complex test in the else branch to ensure a '-d'
option was specified.