[Libguestfs] Using febootstrap , please help

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 20:18:40 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 11:59:56PM +0530, Onkar N Mahajan wrote:
> On 09/28/2011 11:53 PM, Onkar N Mahajan wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >    I am new to febootstrap. I am struggling to install fedora 14
> >on disk.img (formatted with ext4fs) mounted on
> >/mnt/temp . How to use febootstrap to do this ? Does it require
> >any yum configuration ?   I searched the web for documentation on
> >this , but  nothing is clearly mentioned. Please anyone tell me
> >how to do this.
> >    I am doing this on Fedora 14 host.
> >
> >-- Onkar
> I was trying to understand this link :
> http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/03/19/febootstrap-fedora-equivalent-of-debootstrap/
> But, I couldn't get what is "fedora-10" in this command :
> febootstrap fedora-10 ./f10

That documentation is old and refers to a previous version of
febootstrap.  The latest version of febootstrap doesn't work like that
at all.

If you want to install Fedora in a disk image, I would recommend using
the "Oz" tool written by Chris Lalancette (it uses libguestfs too,
coincidentally):

http://clalance.blogspot.com/2011/09/oz-070-release.html

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v