[Libguestfs] Man pages for virt-p2v-server?

Greg Scott GregScott at Infrasupport.com
Wed Sep 28 22:40:09 UTC 2011

Yes - the virt-p2v-server man page is minimal just as you said.  That's
what threw me because I thought it had lots more documentation in the
earlier version.  I also checked man virt-v2v.conf and this has lots of
documentation I was looking for, as you said. Thanks.

And maybe I'm making things too complicated - the last time I tried
this, I had to make up a virt-v2v.conf to run virt-p2v-server.  Or
something like that.  But now with the new version, looking at the
pre-built stock virt-v2v.conf, it looks like I can just try it without
building or editing a .conf file.

In my case, I want to migrate a Windows 2003 server and have it end up
in a libvirt - not RHEV - environment.  This 2003 server is running
RHEV-M and I want it to become a libvirt guest in a RHEL 6.1
environment.  So I have a Fedora 14 guest on the same host and I will
temporarily share the storage for the 2003 P2V between the Fedora guest
and the RHEL 6.1 host using NFS.  It looks like I might have all the
pieces together to try this tonight.

And then eventually in a few months or so, I will move RHEV-M to run
directly on the RHEL 6.1 host and retire the 2003 guest.

- Greg