[Libguestfs] Problem with backporting libguestfs 1.16.5 to squeeze

Hilko Bengen bengen at hilluzination.de
Sun Apr 15 18:30:49 UTC 2012

* Richard W.M. Jones:

> On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 09:26:53PM +0400, Nikita A Menkovich wrote:

>> > Have you tried Hilko's backported packages?
>> >
>> > http://people.debian.org/~bengen/libguestfs/
>>
>> I think this packages will work fine, but seems there is no dsc files,
>> so I could not rebuild it on my own system.
>
> Hilko, I'm not totally familiar with how Debian repos are
> organized.

The .dsc file, among other things, mentions what files (usually
orig.tar.gz and .diff.gz or .debian.gz) are needed for putting together
the source directory from which the Debian package is built.

For the 1.14.x packages, no changes to the source package were needed.
Once all the build-dependencies were satisfied from backports.debian.org
and some local packages (qemu, etc.), the package could be built.

Things were different for 1.16.x because some dependency needed for
GObject bindings was missing from libglib as shipped with squeeze.

> Any idea on the above?

I have recently added updated packages (1.16.x, including sources) to
the repository at <http://people.debian.org/~bengen/libguestfs/>.

Cheers,
-Hilko