[Libguestfs] Can I use libguestfs with Java under windows os?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Aug 3 08:21:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Aug 03, 2012 at 04:10:05PM +0800, 吕袭蒙 wrote:
> Hi rjones,
>
>          I’m now developing something about virtualization using
> java. when I use the example code at site
> http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-java.3.html, It occurs an exception
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no
> guestfs_jni in java.library.path. I wonder if the libguestfs can
> work properly under windows using java.

The library hasn't been ported to Windows at this time.

Thing may improve once we add libvirt remote support in the near
future -- you would be able to access a remote hypervisor managed by
libvirt, using libguestfs + libvirt as client libraries on Windows.

But even this will still require that the library part of libguestfs
is ported to use Windows, so that will still be a fair bit of work.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top